Friday, December 29, 2006

Ragda dahi sev puri



Time for a bit of introduction to today’s recipe – as I have described in my previous post in chat corner, chaat is really the Mumbai word for sweet n’ spicy - basically it refers to dishes where a number of chatpatta ingredients are thrown in together & are binded up with sweet n’khatti emli khajoor chutney ,chatpatta pani, crispy spicy bits like sev farsan & puri’s.
When we were staying in elgin there were no Indian stores around, we always had to travel quite a long distance to buy Indian food stuff. Perfect time for me to come up with some new experiments.
It was a long time since we had panipuri & I was desperate to have some….I had tortilla chips, chaat masala, dates & tamarind at home ,I thought of throwing in something chatpatta together so I made some emli khajoor chutney ,when I started arranging the tortilla chips in the plate it striked me that I cud use them as flat puri’s & make dahi sev puri or ragda puri & when I put up everything together I had my own version of ragda dahi sev puri! & it was an instant hit with both of us. Since then we have this atleast once a week & I am so glad we don’t have to wait for a holiday to go out to have pani puri!This is my recipe for a really mouth-watering ragda dahi sev puri .


Ingredients:
Tortilla chips / flat puris- 1 pack
1/2 cup of fine sev
1 cup of very finely chopped onions
1 cup of finely chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup of finely chopped coriander
1/2 cup of channa or potato mixture(recipe in previous chat corner posts)
1/4 cup of emli khajur chutney(recipe in previous chat corner posts)
1/4 cup of green chutney
1/2 glass of chatpatta pani(recipe in previous chat corner posts)
1/4 cup of roasted groundnuts
2tsp of tomato ketchup
2tsp of thick curd


Procedure:

  • Arrange the tortillas or flat puris in a single layer.
  • Spread the hot potato or channa mixture on it.
  • Now sprinkle the chopped onions & tomatoes over it.
  • Now drizzle it with green chutney (optional)followed by emli khajur chutney.
  • Spread the curd sparsely on top of it.
  • Sprinkle sev/Bombay mix & coriander
  • Sprinkle some groundnuts .
  • Now pour some generous amount of chatpatta pani on it.
  • And its ready to eat!

No comments: