Sunday, December 17, 2006

*Something about me & my blog*

I have a real liking for regional food.
The kind of food/dishes which you can never order in restaurants. Though I have made a point to also add a few dishes which u can order in restaurants but are also easy to cook & tasty!
The whole aim was to have recipes which reminds you of India! Specially Maharashtra
Oh God how I miss kolhapur…….Raja bhau’s bhel, Solanki ice cream parlour ……mahalaxmi temple…… Trusha shanti lassi!...aai chya hath chi umtti! Sasubai’n chya haath cha dosa….mmmm
Recipes which are made with love & care & served with pride to all. I always wanted to represent Indian Food on my blog especially marathi food.
I have chosen recipes which are simple & ideal for everyday preparations but at the same time can be made for dinners or tea parties which we often have staying away from home & India. Some of the dishes are very unique to Maharashtra while others are from different parts of India.
I have made a point to add a chat corner as well as I am very sure some of you will also be a chat fan as I am & its so difficult to get a good chat,bhel & my favourite pani puri over here!
I have divided the recipes into following categorizes

  • Vegetarian dishes
  • Non vegetarian dishes
  • Snacks
  • Breakfast dishes
  • Rice recipes
  • Microwave recipes
  • Roti’s
  • Desserts/ good padarth
  • Upvasache padharth
  • Baking recipes
  • Chat corner
  • Drinks

Hope you too enjoy these recipes as I have .
I’ll keep on adding recipes as & when time comes .All your suggestions & comments are welcome.


Rohita.

2 comments:

shivani said...

from your posts remembered kolhapur. All chat we use enjoy at Bhawani mandap. keep it up.

shivani said...

Im from kolhapur too. But now in Sydney and how about you? I have also started my blog called http://subhiksa.blogspot.com/ :)