Monday, May 28, 2007

Lemon Rice

I remember the times when I was working in India, my mom used to have all food cooked and ready by the time I was home.

Well, now that I am no longer privileged to have readymade meals all cooked & served waiting for me being all grown up married & so far away from home – I always tend to cook recipes that don’t require me to chop a lot or to have a constant eye while cooking. This lemon rice is one such dish and I got this recipe from a Bachelor friend of my hubby. Its so easy all you need is some left-over cooked rice and everyday ingredients in ur kitchen. Most of us one time or the other would have made this recipe. Nothing new about it.

Here's my version of simple yet delicious Super Fast lemon rice!


Ingredients:

Juice of 1 big lemon
Cooked Rice-2cups
Oil-1 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Fresh Green Or Dry Red Chilies 2 /3
Mustard -1/2 tsp
Cumin -1/2 tsp
Curry leaves
Chopped coriander
Fresh grated coconut
Roasted groundnuts
Cashew nuts
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste

Procedure:

  1. Heat oil in a pan. Add the Mustard when it starts to splutter, add the Urud Dal.
  2. When the Dal turns light brown put in the cumin.
  3. Now add the chilies, Curry leaves and turmeric Powder and turn off the heat completely. Immediately, add lemon juice and salt, Stir well.
  4. Now mix the rice gently in the seasoning until the rice turns yellow.
  5. Now add the cashews, groundnuts & stir well.
  6. Mix well for equal distribution of the seasoning and garnish with chopped coriander.
  7. Serve it with Papad/Chips& mango pickele, tastes yummy.
  8. It’s a great dish for breakfast or a quick meal after a long day but you can carry it for ur picnics as well

No comments: